At the Mental Health Association of Central Oklahoma, we strive to be the mental health leader for Central Oklahoma and provide access to the best and most current mental health and substance abuse information and services for those seeking prevention and treatment.
- If you are seeking information for yourself, a friend or a loved one, you are not alone.
- Every year one out of every four persons experiences some kind of challenge to his or her mental health
- In Oklahoma, each year 8% of our residents are estimated to have had a Major Depressive Episode
- Twenty-five percent of Oklahoma’s 3.6 million residents has some form of mental illness and 11.4% of the population — about 420,000 individuals — are considered to have a serious mental illness
- In Oklahoma, suicide is the third leading cause of death for young people 15-24 years old. 90% of teenagers who die by suicide suffer from a treatable mental illness
To learn more about the prevention and treatment services available in your area please click below.
Adults & Family Resources
Veterans & Active Military Resources